It’s crazy how much rubbish I collect in such a small amount of time (and I wonder why I have no money). Only a few months ago did I give away a whole car full of my belongings to charity but now here I am spend my day de-cluttering AGAIN. To be fair I enjoy de-cluttering and clearing out my space… it gives me a sense of calm in a world full of chaos (YES that’s a Clueless quote) but seriously…
Here’s my 6 reasons why you should de-clutter your space:
- Everyday life will become more productive, focused and organised when you’re living/working in a clear space
- You save time when decided what to wear (saves you from having to try and find that thing thats been stuffed under all of those other things)
- You can actually enjoy your space and SEE your belongings
- Visually seeing how much stuff you have and don’t use/want will stop you from impulse buying in the future (in theory)
- It’s easier to clean your space when you have less crap to stay on top of
- Clear space = clear mind
I started with my books and got rid of at least half of them. I decided I needed to stop kidding myself, if I haven’t already read it… I probably will not.
I moved onto papers and was surprised at how much rubbish I keep like manuals for things I don’t even have anymore and school work sheets from years ago! Gaalll get rid of it.
Yeah this was on of my smaller clean outs but in total I got rid of a suitcase full of books, a small bag of clothes, two pairs of shoes, one of my old guitars and my keyboard I haven’t used in ages.
Feeling good, feeling fresh, feeling like I can breath.
To keep or not to keep my Harry Potter books though? I think I’ll keep those for now…